11/8/13

30 Days of Gratitude: Day 8 - My Coworkers

The position I took back in June is one that covers many areas - data entry, reporting, stewardship and overall database management. When fall rolls around, my workload is off the chain with events, year-end appeals and an influx of requests. While it makes the days zip by, it can get pretty heavy sometimes. And all of that is why I am so grateful for my coworkers. The people I work with are caring, hilarious, thoughtful and kindhearted. A number of times they have come through in stressful situations and helped me through them. I have been very fortunate to have been part of great, great teams. For that I'm grateful.

That made me want to go hunt around the great blog from the already mentioned Harvard Business Review. I found a great article called We All Need Friends at Work and in that article I found these nuggets: 
"Employees report that when they have friends at work, their job is more fun, enjoyable, worthwhile, and satisfying. Gallup found that close work friendships boost employee satisfaction by 50% and people with a best friend at work are seven times more likely to engage fully in their work."
And just as an additional little side slice of info, I found this Bureau of Statistics American Time Use Survey. It shows that 23% of people do some or all of their work at home. For the time being, I'm part of that statistic, but will eventually be able to leave work at work. 

No comments: