11/26/13

30 Days of Gratitude: Day 26 - Detroit Red Wings

My first two years in undergrad were spent writing for the student paper. When I left the paper, I stumbled upon a writing internship that landed me at Joe Louis Arena, working for the Red Wings. An unpaid internship turned into a paying gig and I had some of the most amazing experiences of my life. - training camps, banner-raising, the playoffs. I got to interview some of the greatest hockey players that ever played, including Steve Yzerman, Nick Lidstrom, Henrik Zetterberg and Pavel Datsyuk. My first interview with a professional athlete was Gordie Howe and I interviewed Ted Lindsay atop the Joe in the Legends Club. My favorite article was one I wrote about Kris Draper the year he won the Selke Trophy. I am above and beyond grateful to have had experiences like these. I have enough stories to last me a lifetime!

No comments: