11/27/13

30 Days of Gratitude: Day 27 - Michigan Beer

The great state of Michigan has wonderful beer. I won't judge it the best of all the states, because I have not tried enough craft beer from other states to make such a claim. But dang do I love me some Michigan beer. The Michigan Brewer's Guild has a number of beer festivals throughout the year, but my favorite is fall. I'm a sucker for pumpkin beer. My favorites this year were:

  • Liberty Street Punkin' Pie Ale (2nd year in a row as my fave - SO TASTY)
  • Detroit Beer Co. Double Chocolate Pumpkin Porter
  • Hooligan from North Peak Brewing in Traverse City
  • All Hallow's Ale from Kuhnhenn's
  • Griffin Claw Screaming Pumpkin Ale is always a goodie, too.
  • Not sure if they still make it but Baraboo had a great Vanilla Pumpkin one year.
I don't recommend the Jaw Jacker, Ichabod, Grumpkin Pumpkin or Motor City Brewery's pumpkin offering. I like more spice than sour and these lean more toward sour. To me, the closer a beer is to pumpkin pie, the better.


No comments: