4/27/14

Red Onion Relish

Normally I don't post recipes, yet this recipe is one of the most delicious additions to my kitchen and it is also one of the simplest to make. This relish is great to put on nearly anything, but my favorite is adding it to salads as a dressing, scrambled eggs or to any taco or burrito. I'm looking forward to having it on a shredded beef or pulled pork sandwich. I'm usually only making it for myself, so you can definitely double or triple the recipe depending on how much you plan to use it. Also, I'm told it has a nice shelf life, but mine get eaten too quick for me to be able to confirm that.

Ingredients:
1/2 red onion
3 limes
salt to taste

Yeah, that's it. See? It's already great. You can chop the onion or cut it into longer strips (I prefer chopped.) Put your cut onion into a jar or Tupperware. Squeeze the juice of the limes on the onions. The juice should cover most of the onions. Salt to your liking, mix it up and chill in the fridge. Put it on everything.

No comments: