11/20/13

30 Days of Gratitude: Day 20 - Pizza

Okay, this post is already ridiculous, so I'm going to pile on. I love pizza and am grateful for it for the following reasons:

  • It is delicious whether you have it healthy with fresh veggies or dripping with grease from pepperonis and extra cheese. 
  • When I was a kid, I participated in the reading program at the Boys and Girls Club. I'd finish reading a book, review it, and got a free pizza sticker for Pizza Hut. It was a great way to lure me into reading more.
  • Detroit's pizza offerings are to be reckoned with. This is a nice starter list, but it's missing Elmhurst Tap Room in Dearborn, the Detroit area's best kept pizza secret. Here's another list.
  • So northern Michigan's pizzerias are apparently awesome, too.
  • The shortened word "za" is great for Words With Friends / Scrabble.

No comments: