10/14/08

Book Review: Choke

Choke by Chuck Palahniuk

This book was terrible. There were exactly three passages I enjoyed and I've included them. Normally, I would go off on how lame the book was, but I'll save it. Let's just say I don't really like sex in books and this one was about a sex addict. I really probably should have just read Fight Club.

Here are the three parts of Choke that I enjoyed:

p. 29 - This is the worst problem with living history museums. They always leave the best parts out. Like typhus. And opium. And scarlet letters. Shunning. Witch-burning.

p. 40 - Then she turns on the television, some soap opera, you know, real people pretending to be fake people with made-up problems being watched by real people to forget their real problems.


p 180 - Besides deforming the poor chickens, these fourth-graders, they all walk in here carrying some germ. It's no mystery why Denny's always wiping his nose and coughing. Head lice, pin worms, chlamydia, ringworm - for serious, these field trip kids are the pint-sized horsemen of the apocalypse.

No comments: