11/29/16

#GivingBlueday and that

I was asked: "Why does Giving Blueday matter? Why should people give on this day?"

We usher in the giving season together. That's why.

If that's not acceptable, I get it. But for me, it has been a single day of changing lives and making impact together.

Giving Blueday is the University of Michigan's Giving Tuesday. The university has participated in it, u-wide, for the last three years. Tonight, though, we had a lot of fun. Today is one of those days that I am just in awe of how fun it is to do what I do.

At Dearborn Brewing, I hosted a trivia competition. Not one team won anything beyond deciding what area of UM-Dearborn a $500 donation would go. It went off without a hitch, we catered just the right amount of food and everyone had a great time!

For a living, I engage with fellow alumni, host local events, support my city, my school, my team. At this point, it's not why I give. It's why I'm never going to stop giving. Have a good night and a great season of joy, gratitude and giving.

No comments: