5/31/15

Year of Gratitude - Day 151 - Detroit coming back?

So, when my family arrived from Poland, Detroit was AMAZING. A couple years back, when a woman visited the United States from Poland for the first time, she have never seen such a magnificent city. For years, I thought Detroit was greatest. Then while visiting family in Minnesota (circa age 13), I told someone that I was from Detroit. I remember how contorted their faces were... with fear, with misunderstanding and with unnecessary pity.

"Detroit? Isn't it bad there?"

Well, no. I guess it's never been too bad for me. I have lived, played and worked in Detroit for many years. I thought it might be coming back years ago and so I'm never sure if it actually is. I love Detroit, so I'm always rooting for it. But... I think it's coming back for real this time!

No comments: