5/14/15

Year of Gratitude - Day 134 - Aldous Huxley

I won't even lie: though I love dystopian novels in general, I did not think Brave New World was all that. However, looking through some of these quotes on Goodreads, I feel like I wasn't paying attention... just breezing through the book, checking it off my list. I'm grateful to be able to try and view the author and his works in a different light.
“Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.” ― Aldous Huxley, Complete Essays 2, 1926-29 

“Words can be like X-rays if you use them properly -- they’ll go through anything. You read and you’re pierced.” ― Aldous Huxley, Brave New World 

“That men do not learn very much from the lessons of history is the most important of all the lessons that history has to teach.” ― Aldous Huxley, Collected Essays

No comments: