4/21/15

Year of Gratitude - Day 111 - Dictionary.com

In general, I'm a slow reader. What slows me down even more is the fact that I look up a lot of words. While there are many choices of apps and resources, good ole Dictionary.com is always my go-to. It's great and much better then having to use a pocket dictionary, which never had the word I sought.

Here are some of my recent look-ups:

  • bifurcate: to divide or fork into two branches
  • heifer: a young cow over one year old that has not produced a calf
  • steric: of or relating to the spatial relationships of atoms in a molecule
  • roman à clef: novel that represents historical events and characters under the guise of fiction 
  • visceral: characterized by or proceeding from instinct rather than intellect
Also, the Word of the Day is great.


No comments: