2/27/15

Year of Gratitude - Day 58 - Southfield Public Library

The Southfield Public Library is my favorite public library. I have so many great memories and lifelong friends from this place. As new graduate student, I visited SPL to complete an assignment. My old supervisor, Nancy Beets, handed me a pre-printed set of answers to my assignment's questions. That first encounter was quick, because the library was rocking. It is still rocking, but a little less than before.

As an intern, I learned from the best librarians in one of the busiest libraries in southeast Michigan. Once we limited computer use for nonresidents, we saw a drop in traffic on the floors. People love free computer and internet service. I sharpened my reference skills and picked up some pretty swell reader's advisory knowledge. Weeding the history and philosophy collections was also pretty great.

No comments: