9/14/14

Book Review: Life Is Meals: A Food Lover's Book of Days

Life Is Meals: A Food Lover's Book of DaysLife Is Meals: A Food Lover's Book of Days by James Salter
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I wish I could give this book a hundred and five stars. Cover to cover, it was one of my favorite books. First, you can't go wrong with the subject: food. The authors are married, adorably in love and very knowledgeable about meals. The book reads in short spurts, one or two passages for each day of the year. Some days cover history, others recipes and yet other personal anecdotes. Every day, every month, is a delight to read. It made me interested in wine for the first time in my life. The book also contains a thorough index and lovely illustrations.

This is a book that I would definitely want to have in my personal library. The only downside to this book is that I was constantly hungry. Even so, I found myself more inspired to explore, make and share food.


View all my reviews

1 comment:

Laneie Shorts said...

I picked up this book more than a few times because it was on Eva's couch when I would visit and she wouldn't shut-up about it. Indeed it is lovely in it's illustrations and calendar of tidbits. I saved a Chicken Marengo recipe listed under June 14th and look forward to preparing it for next year's birthday festivities. Other notable entries: Greek Boyfriend, Apricots & Buying Beef.