11/2/13

30 Days of Gratitude: Days 1 & 2 - My family

You know, Facebook isn't always a hot mess. A trend that has made me smile and inspired me to get back into blogging is "30 Days of Gratitude". Each day you post one thing you're grateful for. I love this. I love when people get into something POSITIVE and it makes them think about all the good in their life.

While I don't want to do it on FB, I will try to post 30 things I'm grateful for this month and try to sneak in a little bit of knowledge in with each post. Here goes:

Day 1 - My husband
This December, my husband and I will have been in a relationship for 14 years. Something that I feel has had a very positive influence on our relationship is the fact both of our parents are still together. No two people are perfect, things will go wrong sometimes, but you can work through all of life's up and downs together. Having my husband through it all is something I'm grateful for every day.

A few year's back, I read that 60% of marriages worldwide were arranged. According to some reports, that percentage is closer to 55% nowadays, but that still is surprising to me. Arranged marriages don't sit well with me, but while looking up some info, I came across this article that had a different, more positive perspective on arranged marriages (Modern Lessons From Arranged Marriages).

Day 2 - Our Parents
I guess I gave this away in the first day, eh? Both of our parents have done so much for us and have always been there for us. I can't think of two better pairs of caring, wonderful and hardworking parents.

No comments: