12/31/11

5 Things I'm Grateful For - The Year 2011

I haven't done one of these in a long time and realized this was one of the craziest years of my life and certainly one of the most significant.
  1. Our Wedding. This was hands down the greatest day ever. My husband is my best friend and we made it official in a beautiful garden on a day blessed with bountiful sunshine. Then we partied with our dear friends and family with plenty of Bell's Oberon on tap. It was perfect.
  2. My Job. In the midst of all the wedding madness/happiness, my place of work went through a hefty reduction in force. The dust has sort of settled and I appear to still be employed. Score!
  3. Great books. I haven't read a lot this year, but I read some doozies: One Hundred Years of Solitude, Outliers, The Art of Racing in the Rain and I'm going to start the expanded version of The World is Flat by Thomas Friedman.
  4. Music. Something's gotten into me this year and I'm happening across a lot of new music that I really love - Portugal the Man, The Black Keys, Lupe Fiasco and others. I've just been fortunate in hearing tunes that make me happy this year!
  5. Anonymous. It sort of seems like the world is going to hell in a hand basket. What comforts me is that in this sea of fools, politicians, advertisements, reality TV and everything else distracting our awareness, Anonymous is has the power to keep troublemakers in check and demons at bay. Anonymous has changed the game. In a time of such turmoil, it's good to know someone this powerful has your back. I'm grateful.

No comments: