12/28/09

5 Things I'm Thankful for: Holiday 2009 Edition

This Christmas was easily one of the best I've had in the last decade or more. You might wonder how I managed to pull off such a positive experience when we are in the midst of such economic hardship. The answer lies in one word: people. When times are tough all we truly have to support us are the people around us. Here are five people, of hundreds, that I am grateful for:
  1. My fiancé. Duh. We've been together for over a decade now and this Christmas we shared with our families that we're tying the knot.
  2. My mom. Double duh. I am lucky to be of the same DNA as this woman.
  3. My dad. Duh*3. He is a true warrior and the root of my intellect.
  4. My Babcia (grandma). This little lady crossed the Atlantic in search of her brother many years ago. In doing so she also helped us to defect from Communist Poland and to eventually become American citizens as a family.
  5. My boss. OK, I'm cheating with this one, because this refers to many different people. When someone believes in you it changes your life each time it happens (or it should anyway). I've been fortunate.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats ! you got a nice blog, I hope you have time to visit my world www.yepeeh.co.cc ,I invited a few selected people to visit my world and you are one of them,,once again
Congrats.