4/30/11

Baseball Poetry

Originally posted 6/18/08. Re-posted for my buddies that like softball and/or poetry. Enjoy.

I'm still on a heck of a baseball kick. Just the other week I heard this great poem on one of my favorite podcasts: Writer's Almanac. There's just one thing - it's a poem about softball. And I don't mean competitive softball, like those women playing on university teams. Oh no. I'm talking about out of shape, beer-soaked softball. The poem is quite descriptive, engaging, entertaining and then has an unexpected ending. I thought it had a feel similar to that of The Natural.

Read the poem: City of Tonawanda Softball Championship.

What did you think?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great poem!

Anonymous said...

It's in Garrison Keillor's latest anthology, *Good Poems: American Places"