5/19/08

MySpace shapes up, a little

Admittedly, I do have a MySpace account. Very sad, I know. Since I've joined Facebook, I haven't been checking MySpace very much at all. Still sad, I know. For the first time in a long time, I posted a MySpace blog. My entire MySpace account, including my blogs, are only visible to my friends. Recently, I wanted to post bulletins with the Knowledge is Cool link, but found that the code was being automatically redirected to...well, I don't know where to, but it wasn't the right link.

Today, I found out what was going on. It seemed that MySpace was developing a warning for every single link that appears on comments, bulletins, messages and blogs. Basically, as soon as you click on the link, a new window appears and tells you that this external link and you would be leaving MySpace when you click it. It asks that you verify you trust the link and gives you the opportunity to either follow the link or return to MySpace.

THIS IS AWESOME. I can't tell you how much hacking, phishing and other crap goes on with MySpace. It happens because people don't think twice about clicking on links. It pleases me to see MySpace making them think twice about it. It's about time.

No comments: