3/16/08

World Bank, India to Probe 5 Health Projects

I just watched Fog of War: Eleven Lessons from the Life of Robert S. McNamara. It was a pretty darn good documentary, even if it was slow a couple times. I found myself really feeling for this man in his late eighties who oversaw all kinds of human destruction. It was actually quite revealing, at least to me. Also, a must-watch for people interested in history as it relates to war.

I never really realized that he was head of the World Bank from April 1968 to June 1981 and thought it a strange coincidence that right after I watched the film I found this on the Washington Post's home page:

The World Bank and the Indian government have launched official investigations in response to an internal bank report that found 'serious' incidents of fraud and corruption in five bank-financed health projects in India.
read more digg story


These investigations are about project that date back to 1997, well after McNamara was out. Just a random connection, I suppose.

No comments: