8/3/07

Michigan's state website ranked 2nd in country

I didn't believe it when I saw it. Just days after my coworkers and I bickered about Michigan's website and it's horrible searching functions, I come across this report. Here's an excerpt about Michigan:
"Ranking second in our 2007 study is Michigan. Like Delaware, most of Michigan’s sites link to a list of the state’s online services. Michigan has over seventy services executable online, from filing taxes to reporting potholes. Most of Michigan’s sites offer live updates through RSS feeds, and there are sixty-six RSS feeds in total. Michigan has one of the more comprehensive privacy statements, with instructions on how to control cookie settings on your computer. Generally the different Michigan websites follow the same format, making it easier to find what you are looking for. Also, the portal page contains a list of the services, questions and forms most commonly searched for. Michigan’s sites contain a wealth of information, and unlike some states, this information is easy to locate."
So, it's great that we're up there, but it doesn't mean THAT much when the bar is already set at a relatively low level. I do have to say, though, that even though it may take a long while, I do generally find the information I'm looking for, particularly forms and such.

No comments: